Motorcontrol delays

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Motorcontrol delays

Post  rvharten on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:55 am

Hi,

The MotorControlProxy.CONTROLLED_MOTORCMD function seems to have a large interval before it can be used again (also in combination with MotorControlProxy.ISMOTORREADY). I tried calling these functions at different intervals (20-500ms) but with no difference.

The motorcontrol NXT program's documentation seems to indicate delays of only tens of milliseconds should be possible while I am seeing at least hundreds milliseconds of delays:
<link to Aachen motorcontrol site but not allowed to post>

I would like to make something like <link to Benedettelli's Portrayer, but not allowed to post>. But the drawing of the lines needs to be done using really small steps, but with delays like this that is not going to really work. Granted that the movieclip placed there is timelapsed I dont think he is having these kinds of delays.

Hope you can help,

Richard

rvharten

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re MotorControl Delays

Post  johnr on Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:08 am

Hi Richard,

Are you still having problems with this?  I had various problems, not quite the same as yours though.  I modified (my copy of) the MindSqualls source code to put in the exact delays specified in the MotorControl documentation.  I also found that I had to tweak the implementation of ISMOTORREADY if I wanted to use it from multiple threads at the same time.  With those two changes, everything is going fine for me now, and I see only the short "prescribed" delays.  I'm hoping that Niels will find some way to incorporate my fixes into the public version.

In the meantime, I'd suggest checking which version of the firmware your brick is running since the MotorControl documentations says:

• [Requires] Official LEGO Mindstorms NXT firmware version 1.26 or better (i.e. 1.28, or John Hansens enhanced firmware 1.2x)
•Execution on LEGO firmware 1.05 is possible in theory, but performance is probably too bad

John

johnr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum